Club trip to Scottish Indoors 2017
Some of the group on the first trip many years ago in 2008
Back row: Sue Joyce,Michael Tobin,Padraic Tobin,Cormac Dillon,Ruairi Finnegan,Niall Rooney,Cathal Coppinger,Triona Coppinger
Middle row: Julie Gallagher,PJ Kelly,Peter Treacy,Benny Gallagher,Ashley McDonnell,Orla McDaid,Laura Porter,Orla Ryan,Claire Ryder
Front row: Shaun Gallagher,Linda Porter,Debbie Kenny,Caoimhe Quill,Katie O’Donoghue
The club’s by now annual trip to the Scottish Indoors is going ahead in 2017. The event is spread over two weekends in Glasgow with
- U20s, U15s and U13s on Sat/Sun 11th and 12th February
- Seniors and U17s on Sat 28th January
Note the cut-off date for age groups in Scotland is different to Ireland – it is 1st September. This means that
- An athlete who is an u18 in Ireland next year but born on or after 1 Sept is an u17 in Scotland
- An athlete who is an u16 in Ireland next year but born on or after 1 Sept is an u15 n Scotland
- And an athlete who is an u14 in Ireland next year but born on or after 1 Sept is an u13 in Scotland
13 families have already booked Ryanair flights flying out on the 18:50 flight on the Friday and back on the 21:50 flight on the Sunday. You can read more on the most recent trip at:-
We are in process of block booking rooms in a hotel for the Friday/Saturday night so anyone going, let Michael or Tracy know asap together with events you are entering in. Its best just to do 1 or 2 events as the timetable may clash and also as it’s a National championships and an athlete will be too tired if too much events on same day.
The events available are:-
- U15, U17, U20, Senior: 60m,60mH,200m,300/400m,800m,1500m, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Putt
- U13:60m,60mH,200m,800m,1500m, Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Putt
Ideally if going let me know asap as there are limits on the number of entries in each event.
To minimise costs of flights and hotels, its best to decide early if going or not.
The provisional timetable for each day is here:-