If you are a parent in the club and have an interest in coaching, we are always on the look out for new coaches.
Just a few notes on what’s involved:-
- A commitment to help out with the training for a particlar age group. The commitment might be for once a week every week. Or might be for less often once you make that clear to the coordinator of that age group.
- The club will register you as a member.
- Optionally you can do the Athletics Ireland coaching courses/ladder when they are scheduled (Assistant Coach, Level 1, Level 2 etc). The club reimburses the cost of these (e.g. currently its €60 for the Assistant Coach course).
- If there is a useful book or DVD that you’d like to purchase and are willing to share it with other coaches, the club will reimburse the cost.
- You pay as normal to register your own kids but have the benefit of the above items that the club pay for.
If becoming a coach in the club, you must do the following:
Step 1: Submit Coach Registration Form
Step 2: Complete Garda Vetting
Click here to get to the AAI page on eVetting.
For over-18s, there is just the eVetting form at above link to be completed.
For under-18s, there is an additional parental consent form at above link.
The vetting process needs to be done every 3 years.
The Club Administration Handbook provides a lot of information on how the club is run:-
Step 3: Read the following
The following links are worth reading: