From Iain Shaw, Competition Secretary:
Announcing the County Galway Outdoor Track and Field Championships. These will be held over 5 days this year, see below for details:
- Sunday 29th April – 10am – Dangan – U13 – U19s
- Sunday 6th May – 10am – Dangan – U9-U11 team events, U12
- Thursday 24th May – 7pm – Dangan – Junior / Senior / Masters Day 1
- Thursday 31st May – 7pm – Dangan – Junior / Senior / Masters Day2
- A third day for Junior/Senior/Masters will be held in June that will hold the county 10,000m track championships and a non-county championship throws competition – we may also throw in some graded miles on the third day.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Entry forms will be distributed in the next two weeks. Athletes must be registered with AAI BEFORE their entry is accepted. Any entries for unregistered athletes will be rejected. There will be absolutely no entry on the day for juveniles and a date will be agreed ahead of the championships which is the last and final date for changes/swaps/lates. After this date passes there will be absolutely no further entries or changes allowed.
(Craughwell AC footnote … there is no competition for U8s (i..e born 2011/2012) this year as its not covered by the AAI insurance .. the club will organise something ourselves for those age groups)