Craughwell AC: Important information for parents
Sorry about the title, it was just to attract your attention. The athletic club is going from strength to strength every year with more and more children and teenagers joining and sticking at the sport. The most important ingredient in keeping this going is you (the parents) getting involved in helping at coaching sessions.
– not a spare minute during the week
– overwhelming tiredness by 10pm on a Tuesday or Thursday night
– loads of text messages and email from me and other coaches
– loads of text messages from you
– occasional drenching because we forgot to roof the all-weather pitch
– day trips to Tullamore, Templemore, Everyothermore at your own expense
– the joy of helping the youth to have fun and achieve their potential
I hope I’m not making it sound too glamorous. The last one above is the most important one!
So if your children are already training with the club (or want to join) and you can spare one hour per week while they train, perhaps you’d consider offering to help out. Let me know if you can spare the time. All you need to do is to fill out a form to register with the club and then hang around at the training session in which your children are involved.
No prior knowledge of athletics is required. The rest of us started with zero knowledge (no smart comments please!). All you need is just some enthusiasm and the ability to smile! The club will provide training in the athletics disciplines over time.