Sports & Recreation Park Membership
Craughwell AC Sports & Recreation Park Membership
Craughwell AC’s Sports & Recreation Park is an 8-acre park adjacent to Craughwell village and Craughwell National School. The club are continually are continually developing the park to provide high quality facilities and to help finance this, the club make its facilities available to the public at certain hours for a small annual fee of €50 which equates to less than €1 per week. This fee contributes to the upkeep of the facility and the repayment of loans.
Current facilities available include:-
- Car parking
- Flood lit until 10.30pm Mon-Friday
- Grass routes which can be used for walking, jogging and running
- 800m surrounding track and walkway
- 400m Tarmac Oval track (will be tartan soon based on support like this!!)
- A 140m tartan sprint straight that can be used for those who prefer the shorter distances
- Facilities for long and high jump for those who train for those events
At present, the hours available to park members are:-
- All day Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Up to 6pm and after 9pm on Monday to Thursday
It is envisaged that as facilities are further improved, more time will be made available but for now juvenile training sessions will have exclusive use of the hours 6-9pm on Mon-Thurs.
In the 3 years from September 2014, the club has invested close to half a million in the facility through a combination of loans, grants and fund-raising and has significant investment planned to continually improve existing facilities and develop new facilities including a 400m track, an 800m perimeter walkway, throwing facilities, toilets/changing rooms and a sportshall.
Some other points to note:
- It is NOT membership of the athletic club. Contact the juvenile or senior club as normal for that. However use of the facility is automatically part of juvenile membership.
- Application for park membership is subject to approval by the club’s Executive. The club’s Executive may decline an application at their discretion in which case the fee is refunded.
- Discounts available for parents of members of the juvenile club and for over 65s.
- No dogs allowed on the facility ñ this is for the benefit of all members.
- No photographs or videos allowed to be taken without the express permission of the clubís Executive.
- Membership is for 12 months from the date of joining and renewable each year on the anniversary date.
An aerial view of Craughwell AC Sports & Recreation Park taken in August 2017