Directions to Nenagh
(Note I will publish seperate article with provisional program later on)
For anyone new to Nenagh where the Galway Indoors are on tomorrow, directions to the indoor arena are as follows. Nenagh is about a 60 or 70 minute drive from Craughwell. Directions via Loughrea:-
– A few miles out the Dublin road from Loughrea turn right for Portumna
– Continue through Killimer into Portumna
– Turn left at the T-junction in the town, continue through main street and across the Shannon
– Keep right where the road forks left, i.e. stay on Borrisokane/Nenagh road
– Continue through Borrisokane
– Enter Nenagh, continue into town centre … past Supermacs on the main street and turn left
– Continue to the small roundabout and take the Thurles road (2nd exit)
– After a few hundred metres, you pass the hospital on the left and there is a small road forking off to the right
– Take that right fork and the track is along this road after 50 or 60 metres.
Please note also the following guidelines on parking from Nenagh Olympic AC:
(1) No Buses allowed to enter NOAC Car Park. Once Buses have dropped passengers, they MUST park in the Railway Station.Car Parking is free for Buses on weekends.
(2) Cars only in NOAC Car Park. Ambulance area MUST be kept clear at ALL TIMES and Ambulance MUST have space to EXIT.
(3) Once NOAC Car Park is full, cars can park in nearby Church Car Park(beside the Hospital) or in Railway Station. Church grounds can be used all day Saturday and after 12 midday on Sunday.
(4) NO PARKING in neighboring Ballygraigue Estate, on any green areas or in the vicinity of driveways.