What is Fit4Youth?
Fit4Youth is an initiative by Athletics Ireland which is being supported and promoted locally by Craughwell Athletic Club. The Fit4Youth programme is aimed at youths aged 13-19 who would like to get fit in a fun, social, non-competitive environment!
What is the aim of the Fit4Youth Programme?
- Instilling and helping to foster an awareness of fitness and enjoyment of running
- The aim of building up to 5K in a ‘Learning to Run’ programme
- Paced and carefully monitored, while increasing in incremental distances throughout the programme
- Helping to nurture a positive attitude to health and fitness that will become a life skill
- Encouraging participants who may naturally have developed an interest/ aptitude with a more structured approach, or a particular event that best meets their needs.
- Providing a safe and healthy environment for teens to socialise.
Who can take Part?
The Fit4Youth programme is aimed at youths aged 12-19 and all within that age group can participate in the programme regardless of current fitness level. We LOVE to see new faces!!!
When and where?
Fit4Youth meet every Tuesday and Thursday at 7:45pm at the Craughwell AC Athletics Park.
How long does it last?
- Sessions will initially last about 1 hour
- Don’t worry! This includes warmup routines and stretching at the end and lots of chatting, you won’t be running for 30 minutes at the start of the programme but we will make sure you can by the end
- The Programme runs from September to December and January to June with the goal to run a 5k at the end of each term
How much does it cost?
Annual membership to the Juvenile club covers the cost – for the membership fee you get:
- Insurance cover when taking part in any Athletics Ireland event or organised club activity.
- Organised weekly training sessions with plenty of advice, encouragement and training tips
- Access to participate in the other training programs and athletic events
- Exercise in a safe, friendly and fun environment
- You become a member of this athletic club and can take part in club events
- Experienced coaches who have received Garda clearance and have completed Athletics Ireland child protection and welfare courses
- You can train whenever you want at Craughwell Athletics Park
We take the welfare of children very seriously and we adhere to Athletics Ireland policies in this regard. Further information and a list of our policies is available.
Further information contact Tom Tuohy on 087 9802791