Galway Junior/Senior/Master T&F
The 2015 County Galway Junior/Senior/Masters Track and Field Championships is on tonmorrow night (Tuesday) and next Sunday 28th in Dangan. U17s, 18s, 19s and 20s are all in the junior category for this event. Its an ideal opportunity for a good runout before the upcoming National Juvenile, Junior and U23 track and field; and also for senior and masters athletes who may not get the opportunity to compete on the track all that often.
Read on for entry information and timetable.
1. Entry for these championships can be done in a number of ways:
- Through AAI online system individually, links below (This is preferred as allows us to carry out a significant amount of preparation beforehand)
- All club secretaries have a login to the online registration system and can make very easy group registrations using that
- On the night entry – this is now an option for BOTH nights
- Online registration will close at midnight on the day before the event
2. These championships are only open to AAI registered athletes.
3. Guests from out of county are actively encouraged to participate, please pass this on to anyone you think may like to participate, but they will still need to be AAI members.
4. Entry will be €5 per night (payable in advance on AAI online system)
5. The 10000m, 5000m and 3000m events will be split into A races and B races where required. Entry to A and B race will be based on recent 5K time.
Please also note: GCH have use of the track on Sunday 28th for a training session until 1230 and so no one can be on the track warming up until that session is over and their athletes have cleared the track. This may mean we have to delay the start of the first event.
We aim to hand medals out within 30 minutes of an event finishing. Medals not collected will be passed out to club secretaries. Please be at the track 45 minutes before your event. All events may run up to 30 minutes AHEAD of the advertised time – Please listen out for announcement with regard to calling your event.
Day 1 – Tuesday 23rd June: https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/GalwayJunSenMasTrackandFieldChampionshipsDay1
Provisional Programme for Tuesday 23rd June –7:30pm Galway Junior/Senior/Masters Track and Field Championships Track Events:
- 7:45pm – 3000m Women
- 8:15pm – 5000m Men
- 7:30pm Triple Jump (All entrants together)
- 7:30pm Javelin (women) – all ages together
- 8:00pm Javelin (men) – all ages together
- 8:30pm: Shot Putt (Women) – all age groups together
- 9:00pm: Shot Putt (Men) – all age groups together
Day 2: Sunday 28th June: https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/GalwayJunSenMasTrackandFieldChampionshipsDay2
Provisional Programme for Sunday 28th June – 1pm Galway Junior/Senior/Masters Track and Field Championships All races are Junior first, followed by senior, followed by masters. Female races ahead of male races
- 1:00pm – 100m
- 1:00pm: Hammer (women) – all ages together
- 1:45pm: Hammer (men) – all ages together
- 1:45pm – 800m
- 2:00pm: High Jump (Women) – all age groups together
- 2:30pm: High Jump (Men) – all age groups together
- 2:30pm – 200m
- 3:30pm: Discus (women) – all age groups together
- 4:00pm: Discus (men) – all age groups together
- 3:00pm – 4x100m
- 4:30pm Long Jump (women) – all ages together
- 5:00pm Long Jump (Men) – all ages together
- 3:30pm – 1500m
- 5:30pm: Weight Throw (All entrants together)
- 4:15pm – 400m
- 5:00pm – 10,000m