Best of luck to all of our athletes taking part tomorrow in the Galway U9-12 Track & Field in Dangan.
Some people have been asking how to get to Dangan, above shows route in … by Dunnes in Terryland, across the new bridge and on to the next roundabout, turn right there and onto the next major junction where the Westwood hotel is. Turn left there and about 100m further on, turn right into Dangan. Car park is on the left.
The timetable is here:- Day_2_Provisional_Timetable.pdf
The list of officials is here:- Officials_Duties_County_Outdoors_DAY_2.pdf
Iain Shaw has asked officials to check their duties on attached and if there are any problems with a duty assignment then please let him know. Some more notes from Iain
- If an official does not turn up on the day – it is expected the club from where the official comes from will fill that gap with people available on the day and will inform Anne Burke, the event director.
- Numbers will be available in the shed from 0900.
- There will be an officials briefing at 0930 next to the photofinish shed.
- We will endeavor to get the paired results out as fast as possible but as there are such large numbers in some of the events – particularly long jump then there is a certain amount of processing time after an event finishes – anywhere upto an hour and so patience is requested from all as we aim to get those results out.
- Results will again be live on the web at www.connachtathletics.com throughout the day.
- Be aware that Sunday is forecast to be warm with minimal cloud cover so please ensure your athletes keep in the shade where possible, get plenty of fluids and slap on as much factor 50 as possible.