Allow an hour and 10 minutes from Craughwell. Eircode is R35 CK22
Easiest way to Tullamore is to take the main Galway-Dublin motorway as far as Kilbeggan.
Once you pass Athlone, there are 2 junctions for Moate and the next one after that is Kilbeggan and Tullamore.
You turn off there and go under the motorway and its about 10 mins to Tullamore. When you reach the outskirts you
- turn right at the first roundabout, i.e. last exit
- straight through next roundabout (no other exit on it)
- turn left at next traffic lights
- follow this road across bridge and through main street of town
- small roundabout further up the town where main road veers to left, you need to turn right at this roundabout onto the Birr road (marked X in red on the map below … you are travelling from the top of the picture towards the X).
- track is on the left after 400 or 500m (marked Y in red on the map below) … hard to spot it so keep an eye for the very large car park on the left sort of like entrance gates to a big house, but huge car park inside them